Posted by toadstar on 4:03 PM
Labels: ,

The Road Goes Ever On:

It's a bit strange and bittersweet to come to the end of one journey and start off at the foothills of another. Last Friday I had my last therapy session. I have spent the past few months shedding the layers of my former self and rebuilding myself as a happier, better person. All along this path I was guided by my guardo camino, my therapist. She helped me to fix myself, she gave me the tools to make my wife say that she doesn't want to rip my throat out any longer.

So after my last session I got up to say goodbye feeling like I was in a eddy of emotion; on the one hand happy and excited, the world is at my feet. On the other hand nervous and scared like a bird leaving it's nest for the very first time. But that's the thing about journeys, isn't it? You don't know whats going to happen and that's part of the wonder of it.

0 comments:

Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Search