Posted by toadstar on 10:55 PM

Portrait of the Artist As A Young Man:

I turned 33 today. As a nice little blast from the past, my cousin Cissy sent me this picture. I think that it was taken in Marken and I was maybe 4 or 5 at the time. I asked my mother and she's not sure of the age either. But she did say that I had gotten upset and I walked outside. I wasn't allowed to go outside, because the outfit was rented, but hey, it got us this cute picture. The strangest thing is how much of Lucas I see in that picture. There were a couple of times where I just glanced at it and I swear I thought that it was Lucas. That's one of the strange things about being a parent, you see so much of yourself in your child (or at least I do), and you see in him all the potential that you had and you hope that he ends up using that potential and becoming a better person than you are.

0 comments:

Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Search