Posted by toadstar on 4:26 PM

Caution: Some soft drinks may seriously harm your health:

I just found this article over at The Independent. Which at first made me say to myself, OMGWTFWEREALLGOINGTODIE!!1!! Then I noticed phrases like "Research from a British university suggests a common preservative found in drinks such as Fanta and Pepsi Max has the ability to switch off vital parts of DNA." Which British university? And"...when mixed with the additive vitamin C in soft drinks, it causes benzene, a carcinogenic substance." First I thought, there's vitamin C in soft drinks?!? Then the thing that really caught my eye was causes, it causes benzene. That doesn't seem right to me, are they saying that vitamin C causes benzene? or are they saying that when vitamin C and sodium benzoate mix then they create benzene? And/or am I looking too much into a simple typo?

Then there was the name of the Professor, one Peter Piper? Really? Yes really. No seriously, I googled him there really is a Professor Peter Piper. Here's his web page.

So then I'm back to my original thought, OMGWTFWEREALLGOINGTODIE!!!1! Then I remembered that I quit drinking soda's about a year ago and thanked my wife for encouraging me to do so (translation: forcefully compelled-just kidding).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/weathercom/298713874092l]www.weather.com[/url]

Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Search