Posted by toadstar on 3:26 PM

Writing:
I seem to have misplaced my internet connection this weekend, which turned out to be a good thing because I actually ended up working on my short story for the Machine of Death Collection of Short Stories. Early submissions are due on the 31st, which I was hoping to make and I think that I may have the story finished by then, I just don't know if I can have it edited by then. Tonight my wife and son are off to their monthly La Leche League meeting, so I can sit and type until my fingers turn blue.

Link dump:
Here is an interesting article by Jonathan Lethem. I like his ideas regarding Creative Commons Licenses.

I've been following this new clockpunk movement over at Da Vinci Automata. They are toying with the idea of an anthology here is the first submission On Deep History by Jim Rossignol.

Ernest Hemingway once said his best work was a story he wrote in just six words: 'For sale: baby shoes, never worn.' These six words have sparked a meme with this two articles here and here. Here are some of my favorites:

Internet “wakes up?” Ridicu -
no carrier.
- Charles Stross

It cost too much, staying human.
- Bruce Sterling

I’m dead. I’ve missed you. Kiss … ?
- Neil Gaiman

The baby’s blood type? Human, mostly.
- Orson Scott Card

The last one goes nicely with this bit of news.



0 comments:

Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Search