In Which the Author Walks Into the Room, Turns on the Light, Sweeps Out the Cobwebs, Walks Up To the Mic, Taps Twice, and Says-Hello, Is This Thing Still On?:

Sorry for the dearth of posts here, but life got in the way. The mysterious red lump on Lucas' neck caused him to be hospitalized for a week. I have uploaded some pictures and saved them as Drafts, so as soon as I finish adding witty commentary to them, you will be getting posts from Christmas past.

I have made a few changes around here, most notably I combined my two blogs. I was having a heck of a time keeping the fatherhood posts separate from the rest. Lucas and my on the way child are just too big a part of me to separate out, so I combined them. All the posts from the old blog have been moved over here, so if you look back you can find them.

This afternoon, whilst on my lunch break, I went outside, sat amongst the trees and tried to finish my book. I had just stopped to look up at the tree above me and and watch the wind rustle both the new spring leaves and the old fall leaves, the latter of which would finally find their way loose and flutter to the ground, when I heard a bird singing his song to the wind. It took a while before I found him, he was a little house finch, hard to find amongst the leaves and branches of the tree. I watched him as he flitted from branch to branch, all the while his song became more frantic. I wondered what was wrong with him, was he lost, looking for someone. Instantly an image popped into my head, that he had lost his love, and was franticly looking for her, all the while singing louder and louder, calling out her name. Where are you my love, where are you.
The noise of a lawn mower drowned out the birds song and woke me from my imaginings and I returned to my book. Right as I was getting ready to return to the office, the lawn mower stopped and before I made it back to the door, I heard him sing again, but this time he was not alone, which made me happy.

The above images are some that I created using some of our honeymoon pictures. We drove from Houston to Colorado and then back down through Roswell. These are some of my favorite images that I have created over the past couple of years for some reason they also made me very happy. I guess that I'm just easily happy today.

0 comments:

Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Search