Posted by toadstar on 3:59 PM

Apparently He Gets This From His Father:

Last Saturday Lucas and Heidi were invited to a birthday party. I stayed home and tried to clean up the house a bit. I turned on the TV for company, and I ended up watching ALIAS. Alias is one of those shows that popped in under my radar and by the time that I heard of it, it had been going for a while, so I never really got into it. But Saturday it was on the telly, so I figured that I'd check it out for a minute or two.
There was this scene that took place in a lot in Burbank, I mean Berlin, and not a lot, but a club and like all clubs in Berlin it was a goth-industrial club, because really, that's what all of Berlin's youth are, industrial goths. Well at least that's what the tv writers would lead you to believe. Any roads, the first few minutes of the scene is spent people watching, before Ms. Sydney Bristow makes her entrance. The people watching is great, a sea of kool-aid colored hair, piercings in every visible hole, menacing looks, and wall to wall PVC and leather, all of it black. And of course it had to have heavy industrial music, blaring in the background, because what scene of Berlin is complete without industrial music, from what sounded like a bad rip off of Rammstein.
The other day when I told Heidi about this she didn't seem to recognize the name Rammstein, so I went to youtube and started playing Du Hast to give her a taste and as soon as the guitar kicks in-with a rif that would make Beavis and Butthead throw up the goat, squee with delight and start furiously banging their heads and yelling that Rammstein kick ass-I see my son start bobbing his head to the music, squee with delight and start jumping up and down, like it's the greatest thing he's ever heard.
I wonder where he get that kind of behavior from.......

0 comments:

Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Search