Posted by toadstar on 12:28 PM
Labels: ,

On Trees:

I was off this past Monday for Martin Luther Kings Birthday, so I got to spend the day with my wife and son. We went to a resale shop to get Lucas some more cloth diapers. His recent stint with antibiotics coupled with his new found love of oranges has turned the lad into a bit of a fountain, so we are hoping that he will consent to wear them until his incontinence passes.

On the drive there, Lucas fell asleep in his car seat. I didn't have the heart to wake him, so I let my wife go in while I waited with Lucas in the nice warm car. While in the car I listened to the radio and stared out the window, mostly at these trees. I love looking at the intricate patterns that the branches make against the grey sky. Something about that speaks to me. I also love the phone lines behind them-it gives it this whole man v. nature thing and there is just something about the contrast between the straight geometric patterns of the man made against the free form patterns of nature.

0 comments:

Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Search