Posted by toadstar on 10:42 PM
Labels: , ,

A Little Taste of Winter:

We've actually gotten a bit of a cold spell. Two days ago it was in the seventies and now it's just hovering above freezing. They have been predicting sleet and ice for days now, but so far all we have is cold. I spent the ladder part of my lunch walking around near where I work. I love the way the cold makes your face tingle, it just makes you feel alive.

I remember before I moved down here my friend had stopped by to say goodbye to me. I didn't know when or if I would ever see her again. She came by early in the morning, there was still snow on the ground and the cold was as bitter as our goodbye. She has surprised me with this visit, so I had just walked out in whatever I was wearing. I don't even think that I had socks on.
Today whilst walking through the freezing cold I am reminded of that day, that bittersweet moment when we held each other and said goodbye. It was hard at the time to leave, but looking back on it now it pushed me on the path to where I am now and if I hadn't gone through that I wouldn't have my beautiful wife and son now. I miss Colorado, and the occasional blasts of cold air that we get down remind me of the path that I followed to get to this point, and I wouldn't waiver, not even for an instant if I had to do it over again.

0 comments:

Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Search