Posted by toadstar on 11:50 AM

Birds and Silliness:

When I was in elementary school one of my teachers would reward us, for attendance, or good grades or whatever with a book. She had a big pile of them and we could pick whichever one we wanted. When it was my turn I excitedly went up to the front of the room and looked at the books. Right away I knew which one I was going to pick, it was a field guide for birds in North America. What little knowledge I have of birds today I gleaned from that book. I'm always looking out the window at the birds in my back yard, this Sunday I glanced outside and saw this cardinal hopping around the back yard. I immediately ran and got my camera and attempted to capture the little guy. Unfortunately I was too far away and had to use the digital zoom, which made the image fuzzy, but for some reason I still like the picture.

A portrait of young Harry shortly after moving to the Dursley's house. He had just gotten his first and only pair of glasses, which, when he was older were held together with tape until he met Hermione Granger and she fixed them for him. My apologizes to Mrs. Rowling for this.

0 comments:

Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Search